Benefits of Professional Property Management
T&C Management, LLC is a Professional Property Management Company that differs from other companies; We give you peace of mind when buying, selling or managing your asset. As a full service real estate firm, T&C Management can assist you with Asset Acquisition, Management, and Asset Disposition.
In addition, we assist with Receiverships during bankruptcies, Foreclosures, and Estate Transitions. We also have auxiliary services such as Tax Protests, Property Evaluations, and Staging for Disposition.
Professional Property Managers are dedicated to selecting quality tenants and keeping your investment in good repair with minimum cost. Professionals obtain discounts through volume purchasing that help your real estate investment become a success. All these fees, expenses and management fees are a tax deduction.
- We know the landlord/tenant laws for your city, state, and federal government.
- We know rent values, vacancy factors and time on the market in your area.
- We have standard and tested rental applications and consistent screening policies.
- We have the time to perform thorough move-in/move-out inspections and programmed property inspections.
- We have reputable painters, electricians, roofers, chimney cleaners, carpenters, furnace and appliances repairmen who are licensed, affordable, and reliable.
- We effectively confront and negotiate with the tenant and enforce the terms of the rental agreement.
- We have the ability to recover NSF checks, evict tenants, and collect bad debts.
- We have strong relationships with real estate professionals and maintenance contractors to provide you the best blend of services at competitive pricing.
- We are dedicated to keeping your investment in good repair at minimal cost.
- We lease at fair market rates while carefully screening and selecting residents.
- Whether contracted to manage the investment of a single property owner, a multiple-property owner, a business professional or a corporation, professional property managers give each client and each property individual attention and care.
- We supervise staff and contractors who provide competent service at competitive rates.
- We know the local housing market, vacancy lists of available properties, and information on schools, utilities and other services of interest.
- We stay aware of current market conditions, allowing your property to rent at its highest price.
- Have computer systems that enable us to maintain an exhaustive list of all the features that make your property desirable.
- We minimize your rent loss by utilizing a broad range of advertising media.
We are members of the National Apartment Association and the Institute of Real Estate Management, national groups of real estate professionals who subscribe to a code of ethics and standards of professionalism in property management.
Why T&C Management as your Property Manager?
T&C Management, a property management company can provide customized solutions to property owners, corporate occupants and investors. This allows us to maximize your income, reduce your risk and protect your investment. Our “in-depth” level of knowledge in the property management arena derives from over 40 years of commercial property ownership and supervision.
We understand the extensive requirement of managing single-family rental properties through large apartment complexes. The day-to-day attention and a wide range of expertise required can be overwhelming for a single owner; however, the professionals at T&C Management have provided these services to the communities of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho since 1979. We have the experience and resources to achieve your rental property goals.
We are members of the National Apartment Association and the Institute of Real Estate Management, national group of real estate professionals who subscribe to a code of ethics and standards of professionalism in property management.
Peace of Mind from Day-To-Day Ownership:
- 24 Hour Emergency line service;
- 24 Hour Emergency repair service;
- Advertise and show property to prospective residents;
- Screen all incoming residents;
- Prepare, renew and renegotiate all leases;
- Detailed move-in and move out inspection report with photographs;
- Ongoing monitoring and inspection of property to insure safety;
- Report all incoming rents and deposits monthly;
Thank you for choosing T&C Management for your property maintenance needs we manage, rehabilitate and maintain properties. Consequently, the company has the in-house capacity to handle most projects and pass along discounts that are obtained through bulk purchases. Due to the types of services we offer, we are the fastest growing management company in Albuquerque and appreciate your trust in us as a new client. We want to ensure that both you and T&C Management have all the necessary information to manage your property. Below is an implementation packet. Implementation is a two-step process
1. Review the Implementation packet, complete the Landlord Standby Service Agreement, and Review the Contract.
2. Set up a meeting to hand off all keys, forms and resolve any outstanding questions you may have.
Owner Hand Off:
Please provide the below items for our next meeting.
1. Keys to all apartments or houses.
2. All rental agreements for all apartments or houses.
3. A copy of the insurance policy in case of an emergency.
4. A copy of the warranty deed.
5. Current rent roll.
6. Tax ID number
7. Contact Information:
- monthly statement mailing address
- phone number
- e-mail address
- fax number
- check payable to information
- preferred method of contact (e-mail or phone)
8. Landlord standby (electric and gas) service agreement completed in full. T&C Management will provide the forms to you.
9. Water bills can be paid through T&C Management or they can be sent directly to the owner. Please confirm how you would like this process completed.
10. Albuquerque Housing, Catholic Services or Bernalillo County subsidizes rents for tenants. Please provide in writing which tenants are receiving assistance. Please notify those receiving assistance to change the address to:
11. W-9 Form is needed. It is also helpful to rent to a future tenant who may be utilizing assistance from Albuquerque Housing, Catholic Services or Bernalillo County. We can make those arrangements on your behalf with the W-9 and your Tax ID number.
These are suggestions that may protect you and your property.
- All tenant rents will be deposited to an “Owner’s” account and a check from this account will be written to each owner for the income less expenses each month. Owners will be provided a monthly statement of income less expenses for their property. This statement will be generated starting the 10th of each month and should be in the mail to you on or around the 20th of each month. Any rents collected after the 10th will be reflected on your next monthly statement.
- We suggest that you have one month’s mortgage payment in reserve, so that you can make your payment in the event that a tenant(s) has not paid on time.
- T&C files all paper work and goes to court on your behalf. Any fees or court fees incurred by T & C Management, to collect rental income or evict tenants, will be billed to the owner and reflected on the monthly statement.
We believe that with this information your property will be managed successfully. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Sincerely, T&C Management
Contracts and Forms
Professional Property Management
Our mission is to provide quality service to owners and residents of single and multi-family residential rental properties within the Greater MSA of Albuquerque and surrounding communities through demonstrating integrity and professionalism in all our actions. The owners of T&C Management, LLC have been providing superior property management services to the Albuquerque community since 1979. We specialize in all types of residential properties. If you own a residential investment and are looking for professional management, look no further. We provide full management services, including marketing, tenant screening, leasing, maintenance, and accounting.
In addition, we also provide specialty services covering property tax consultation, receiverships for banks and holding companies, and estates. Our reputation is one of the best in the area of property management – we invite you to ask our current clients. We are proud to be a member of the Apartment Association of New Mexico and Mr. Sheldon has been acting President of the association from 2013 through 2015. We are also members of The Institute of Real Estate Management achieving the designation of Certified Property Manager (CPM). In addition, Mr. Sheldon is a Certified Commercial Investment Member, (CCIM) and currently T&C Management is the only management company in New Mexico to hold these designations on staff.
New Mexico Uniform Owner-Tenant Relations Act
The purpose of the Uniform Owner-Resident Relations Act [47-8-1 to 47-8-51 NMSA 1978] is to simplify, clarify, modernize and revise the law governing the rental of dwelling units and the rights and obligations of owner and resident, and to encourage the owners and the residents to maintain and improve the quality of housing in New Mexico. Chap. 47, Art. 8, §47-8-2.
It can be found on line at http://laws.uslandlord.com/laws/nmstatelaw.html